An Easter favourite and one that cannot be missed are Chocolate Easter Nests.
So simple and quick they can be made quite easily by children, although adult supervision is advised because we are dealing with hot chocolate here!
Just follow these simple steps and you will be munching on this delicious treat in no time!
1. Buy some pretty Easter baking cups and pop them into a suitable sized muffin tray.
2. Break a large bar of good quality milk chocolate into a china bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water.
Tip-don’t let the water boil or get into the chocolate in anyway or it will spoil.
3. Tip a sizable amount of Rice Krispies or Cornflakes, if you prefer, into a mixing bowl.
4. When the chocolate has melted, remove the china bowl from the pan.
5. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly before pouring over the Rice Krispies.
6. Stir thoroughly until you have a wonderful chocolatey mixture then drop good sized spoonfuls into each baking cup.
7. With a teaspoon make a small hollow in the centre of each one to make your nest.
8. Finally, fill your nests with tiny eggs – the small candy coated ones filled with chocolate are perfect.
9. Lastly, slide the whole tray into the fridge to allow the mixture to set – a few hours should do it.
10. I guarantee these will be a big hit with the chocolate lovers in your family!
Until next time.
Happy Baking and Happy Easter.